So tomorrow will mark day 40 of ‘The 365 Project’. The big question being, how are we going?
For those who haven’t ventured through to that area of our website, simply put, the 365 Project is a brutally honest account of a year in the life of a new mum and a new dad.
The mission was simple. We will:
- Over one whole year from the day our baby is born, chronicle our first year of parenthood through writings and photos.
- Each journal something every day of Baby Barton’s first year of life, no excuses (no matter how sleep deprived)!
- Each take a photo every day of Baby Barton’s first year of life, no excuses.
- Not share our journal entries or photos with each other, until the day Baby Barton turns 1 (the end of the project).
- At the conclusion of The 365 Project, compile and publish the journals and photos as two individual books titled ‘Not So Secret Life Of Us: A year in the life of a first time Dad’ and ‘Not So Secret Life Of Us: A year in the life of a first time Mum’.
So how are we going? Well, so far so good I think.
Life with a baby is sometimes pretty tough, especially for Renee who is up throughout the nights breastfeeding. But as of today, we have both stuck to our mission and have successfully taken a photo and written an entry every single day.
However, we are still both on leave from work which makes this whole chronicling our lives a little easier than it normally would. The real test is going to be when we finally climb out of this having a new baby bubble and go back to work and regular life starts getting in the way.
I think it’s going to be tough, but I think we will be able to do it. We may only be 40 days in, but I still feel as passionate about this project as when we started it on day 1!!!