I’m sure other Mum’s will agree that we can have some pretty weird and wonderful thoughts when we are awake through the night tending to our little ones.
It is a special time. The rest of the house is quiet and dark. Baby cuddles up to you and stares lovingly at you with their big blue eyes whilst guzzling their midnight snack. But its not all warm and fuzzy. Literally! It has been pretty cold in Brisbane lately, peeling back the doona is even more difficult now and don’t even mention having to get your boobs out in the cold night air! It can be downright frustrating too. When all you want to do is sleep but baby is cranky, hungry, wet, cold, hot….and its your job to figure out which of these it is so that you can both get back to sleep as soon as possible.
So, here are 10 thoughts I’m sure we’ve all have whilst fulfilling this motherly duty.
- My life sucks right now.
- Has it been 3 hours already??
- Shit its cold!
- Awww….look at my husband sound asleep completely oblivious to everything….asshole!
- I am the luckiest Mummy in the world….and boy do I make cute babies!
- My life is awesome right now.
- I wonder what is happening on Facebook at 3am…..hmmm, not much!
- Ok, please settle so we can get back to sleep now.
- I’m sooo bloody tired! OMG, am I ever going to sleep though the night again ever?!
- Great, we’re done….well at least until you wake me up again in a few hours time and we do it all again.
All jokes aside, we wouldn’t have it any other way would we mums? As we pat their backs and kiss their faces and smell their heads, we know we are the luckiest (albeit tired-est) mummies in the world.